10.1 C
Paris
vendredi, juin 25, 2021

Un And US on IDLIB Attack

Must read

Turkey to be payed for « border control » by EU – Guardian

Guardian, June 23, 2021, Jennifer Rankin A proposal for the EU to fund controls at Turkey’s eastern border is “really problematic” and could lead to refugees...

Des villageois défient Erdogan pour protéger la forêt – l’OBS

l'OBS, 24 juin 2021 Ikizdere (Turquie) - Une forêt luxuriante et des champs de thé verdoyants s'étendent à perte de vue dans cette vallée située...

Fehim Taştekin: Erdoğan pushing Putin’s buttons

Duvar English, June 24, 2021, Fehim Taştekin President Erdoğan has pushed Russia’s buttons by volunteering to serve U.S. interests in Afghanistan at last week's Brussels...

Métaphore du régime sous lequel suffoque la Turquie une matière visqueuse étouffe la mer Marmara

Pollution et réchauffement climatique, un double fléau pour la mer de Marmara Le Monde, Angèle Pierre (Istanbul, correspondance), photos de Serkan Taycan pour le...

Source: Bianet

United Nations (UN) Secretary General Antonio Guterres and United States (US) Department of State have released written statements regarding the escalating tension in the northwest Syria and the airstrike that claimed the lives of 33 soldiers of the Turkish Armed Forces (TAF).

UN calls for an immediate ceasefire

In a statement released by Stephane Dujarric, the Secretary General’s Spokesperson, the call for an “immediate ceasefire” in northwestern Syria has been reiterated, indicating that Guterres is monitoring the escalation in the region and reports of fallen Turkish soldiers with “grave concern.”

Guterres has “expressed particular concern about the risk to civilians from escalating military actions” and added, “Without urgent action, the risk of even greater escalation grows by the hour.”

Underlining that there is no military solution to the Syrian conflict, Dujarric has said, “The only sustainable solution is a UN-facilitated political process pursuant to Security Council resolution 2254 adopted in 2015.”

US has condemned the attack

Following the airstrike, the US Department of State has also released a statement and said, “The United States once again condemns the continued, unjustifiable, and ruthless assaults on the people of Idlib.”

Reiterating its “call for an immediate end to this despicable offensive by the Assad regime, Russia and Iranian-backed forces”, the Department has said:

“We stand by our NATO ally Turkey in the aftermath of the attack, which resulted in the death of multiple Turkish personnel serving at an observation post used for coordination and de-escalation, and fully support Turkey’s justified self-defense actions in response.”

United Nations (UN) Secretary General Antonio Guterres and United States (US) Department of State have released written statements regarding the escalating tension in the northwest Syria and the airstrike that claimed the lives of 33 soldiers of the Turkish Armed Forces (TAF).

UN calls for an immediate ceasefire

In a statement released by Stephane Dujarric, the Secretary General’s Spokesperson, the call for an “immediate ceasefire” in northwestern Syria has been reiterated, indicating that Guterres is monitoring the escalation in the region and reports of fallen Turkish soldiers with “grave concern.”

Guterres has “expressed particular concern about the risk to civilians from escalating military actions” and added, “Without urgent action, the risk of even greater escalation grows by the hour.”

Underlining that there is no military solution to the Syrian conflict, Dujarric has said, “The only sustainable solution is a UN-facilitated political process pursuant to Security Council resolution 2254 adopted in 2015.”

US has condemned the attack

Following the airstrike, the US Department of State has also released a statement and said, “The United States once again condemns the continued, unjustifiable, and ruthless assaults on the people of Idlib.”

Reiterating its “call for an immediate end to this despicable offensive by the Assad regime, Russia and Iranian-backed forces”, the Department has said:

“We stand by our NATO ally Turkey in the aftermath of the attack, which resulted in the death of multiple Turkish personnel serving at an observation post used for coordination and de-escalation, and fully support Turkey’s justified self-defense actions in response.”

More articles

Latest article

Turkey to be payed for « border control » by EU – Guardian

Guardian, June 23, 2021, Jennifer Rankin A proposal for the EU to fund controls at Turkey’s eastern border is “really problematic” and could lead to refugees...

Des villageois défient Erdogan pour protéger la forêt – l’OBS

l'OBS, 24 juin 2021 Ikizdere (Turquie) - Une forêt luxuriante et des champs de thé verdoyants s'étendent à perte de vue dans cette vallée située...

Fehim Taştekin: Erdoğan pushing Putin’s buttons

Duvar English, June 24, 2021, Fehim Taştekin President Erdoğan has pushed Russia’s buttons by volunteering to serve U.S. interests in Afghanistan at last week's Brussels...

Métaphore du régime sous lequel suffoque la Turquie une matière visqueuse étouffe la mer Marmara

Pollution et réchauffement climatique, un double fléau pour la mer de Marmara Le Monde, Angèle Pierre (Istanbul, correspondance), photos de Serkan Taycan pour le...

Turkey Under Pressure Over Military Presence in Libya – Voice of America

Voice of America, June 22, 2021, Dorian Jones, image: DW Analysts say Turkey is expected to come under pressure to remove its military from Libya...